Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Our last meeting was held at Jerry Chesnut's house. Present were Jerry, June Saunders, John Lombaerde, Kerry Pobanz, Richard Panzer and Bob and Karen Beebe--and a wonderful spread of goodies (thanks, Jerry!). The main topic was Jerry's recent addition to his ongoing sort-of-autobiographical novel, which has brought us up to the present. We appreciate Jerry's honesty and vulnerability in sharing with us through his story some of his deeper thoughts and feelings. In addition, he introduced a new universal principle called "The Brass Rule." And he left us with a cliffhangar...to be continued. We can't wait, Jerry!

Bob also revealed that the second issue of The Spirited Goldfinch is now available online at lulu.com, nearly a year to the day after the first issue came out. Twenty copies have already been ordered, delivered and will be brought to our next meeting, which will be at...

The Beebe residence (26 Amity St., Little Falls) this coming Sunday, January 24, 3:00-5:00 pm. On the agenda are two presentations: June Saunders' latest addition to her Civil War novel plus a new story by Mike Yurechko, entitled "Two Moons," which was inspired by a recent dream (please see the attachment). As mentioned, copies of The (new) Spirited Goldfinch will also be available.

2 comments:

Lenni Hassinen said...

Hi, Bob! Greetings to you from Finland. I think Kerry knows me also from the UTS class of ´78.

I just want to let you know about a "Spiritual Author Competition" where you can submit your writings and possibly win a book contract:
www.NextTopAuthor.com
If anyone you know has an idea for a book related to spiritual growth, here is a good place to promote it.

Anonymous said...

Robert,
I'm Matthew Cohn from way back when in St P. I was a lecturer and stuff. Maybe you remember. I have been writing a book for several years now. Recently got to no. 12 on a website in the UK out of a population of thousands. So I would like to try and see if my small talent as a writer can be used for something bigger, something godly. My book is for kids...and is based in Japan, where I was living for many years. I have been a member of 2 very hard to enter writing groups for a number of years. Many of our members are now published and highly successful. Indeed, I was tutoring one young woman and basically guided her to write in such a way that she landed one of the best agents in New York. It is indeed a very tough world out there in the world of the arts, but we all know that it is emotions that need to be touched to reach out with our message. Writing is a wonderful and powerful tool to do that. I hope you would allow me to work with you. I would also like to know if you have feedback and sharing systems... i.e. mutual "critting". I am now in the UK so could only participate online.
God bless you guys,
Here is my email:
matthewcohn@hotmail.com
Matthew Cohn